Frendz is a confidential service run by professionally trained volunteers who provide information, support and counselling in a caring environment with a Christian ethos. Frendz is an affiliate member of ACC, Association of Christian Counsellors.
Our services include:
Support and Information for women, their partners and families
- Exploring options in an unplanned pregnancy (Frendz does not refer for termination)
- Space to talk through emotions after a termination
- Support following a miscarriage
- Practical help for a woman/family struggling through a pregnancy
General Counselling for people over 16 years of age
- Anxiety – worry and fear which is affecting everyday life
- Depression – low mood and thoughts with feelings of hopelessness
- Trauma – dealing with memories of a frightening or distressing event or events
- Bereavement – feeling ‘stuck’ following loss
These are some examples of why someone may approach us for counselling.
To make an appointment:
Our office and counselling room is at 24 Church Street, Dumfries, DG2 7AS